PE and Sports Premium
Information about the PE and Sports Premium at Curdworth Primary School can be found on this page. Details of the PE and Sports premium allocation for our school and plans to spend it in the current year can be downloaded below.
PE AND SPORTS PREMIUM LEADERS: Miss K. Gibbs and Miss B. Harris
Encouraging children to adopt healthy lifestyles is part of our ethos and values here at Curdworth Primary School. Promoting physical and mental well-being is planned for across the curriculum, through daily teaching and the wider experiences offered at Curdworth Primary School.
The P.E. and Sport Premium is designed to help children get an active start in life, supporting primary schools to improve the quality of their P.E. and sport provision so that pupils experience the benefits of regular exercise – from becoming healthier both mentally and physically to improved behaviour and better academic achievement.
As this grant is not guaranteed long-term for schools, it is important that we spend it in a way that will benefit the majority of pupils in the school and maximise the impact over a sustained period of time. We have detailed improvement plans for all areas of school; expenditure relating to P.E. and sport funding is tagged to identified improvements on our action plan which is aligned with delivering sustained impact across the DfE’s 5 Key Indicators:
- Key Indicator 1: the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- Key Indicator 2: the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Key Indicator 3: increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Key Indicator 4: broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Key Indicator 5: increased participation in competitive sport
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, some of our usual outdoor sporting fixtures and annual events could not take place. It will be a priority for us to include these events in our school calendar as we come out of the pandemic.
We value your support in ensuring your children have the correct kit in school so that they can participate fully in physical education lessons and wider experiences.