Applications & Appeals

Applications for Curdworth Primary School are administered by the Warwickshire Admissions Service:

Please visit the above website for full details about admissions and appeals.

Warwickshire schools admission arrangement policies can be found on their website:  

All admissions to the school must be made through a child’s home Local Authority and therefore this could be Warwickshire, Solihull or Birmingham, depending upon where a child lives.

The Process

Apply either online or by paper form with your own Local Authority. Remember, as Curdworth Primary is a Warwickshire School, if you reside in Solihull or Birmingham Local Authority areas you apply to these Authorities, observing their deadlines using their forms or on-line website.

Useful Contacts

Warwickshire Admissions01926
Solihull Admissions0121 704
Birmingham Admissions0121 675

Applying for a place at Curdworth Primary School if you reside outside Warwickshire

Apply using your home Authority’s form or website and you will need to name Curdworth Primary School on the form or website as they will only list schools located within that Authority. Simply write or insert Curdworth Primary School as your choice and your Local Authority will automatically inform Warwickshire Admissions to secure your application.

Curdworth Primary School Admissions Team

Mrs J KangHead of
Mrs A Edwards Office

In Year Admissions

The decision to move a student’s school once they have started school is never one taken lightly by parents. Moving house or catchment areas or other more personal reasons can trigger an enquiry for a school place. The school has a planned admission number for each year group that it cannot exceed without referring a parent to the admissions appeals system. However, places do become available within year groups and parents are welcome to contact the school to see if a space exists.  Applications will need to be made online with your home Local Authority. We would recommend completing the application process, if only to join the school’s waiting list even if a space is not immediately available.

How do I apply for a school place if my child has an Education, Health and Care Plan or a Statement for SEND?

Curdworth Primary School prides itself in being inclusive and will endeavour to support every student. We would love you to consider our school and we aim to meet the needs of all the students in our care. We are committed to meeting the needs of all, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. We would ask parents to discuss the identified needs with the school prior to starting so that appropriate intervention and support can be planned. Advice from the LA or other agencies may be requested to ensure that the school can meet any needs appropriately

Children and young people with an Education, Health and Care Plan (or Statement of Special Education Needs) follow a different admission and transfer process for a new school. You continue to have a right to request a particular school and this will be considered alongside the information that we have about your child’s special educational needs. The information would have been provided as part of the Education, Health and Care assessment or following the review meeting.

As a school we aim to do the very best in order to make all children feel welcomed and included during transition. If you would like to discuss SEND requirements in detail please Contact the SENDCo: Carolyn Evans who will be able to advise you further.

How do we support students in care?

There are exceptions for admissions when considering students who are looked after and are under the care of the Local Authority. 

For any enquiries relating to a place at the school in any year group please contact the school office.

Planned Admission Number (PAN) is 17