As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, our kitchen is operating differently.
Lunchtimes may differ
Our school meals are cooked on site and served in our school hall. Our lunchtime is 12.30pm – 1.30pm and food is served within this time.
If children have would like a school meal they may opt for a cold meal option, a main hot meal or vegetarian hot meal option from the set menu or jacket potato meal deal. Alternatively, children may bring a packed lunch from home.
Please note that the menu may be altered from time to time; parents are advised to check with the school cook if necessary.
If children opt for a jacket potato meal deal they have a choice of 2 fillings from: butter, tuna, beans and cheese.Their meal deal also includes a homemade flapjack and a drink.
For children who are having packed lunch, please make sure that food is sent in suitable containers and drinks are in unbreakable, leak-proof containers.
School meals cost £2.25 per day and must be ordered and paid for in advance via our online school payment system ‘School Money’. For support logging into School Money, please see Mrs Teasdale in the school office.
Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 are currently entitled to Universal Free School Meals.
Families who receive the following are eligible for free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal Credit (with an annual income of less than £7,400)
- Both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater.
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’).
If you receive a qualifying benefit, free school meals are available for:
- Pupils at any school maintained by the authority (including a sixth form attached to a maintained school).
- Pupils attending maintained nurseries, as long as they are attending before and after lunch. Free school meals are not available to children attending private nurseries.
Please visit the ‘Pupil Premium’ section on our web-site to make an application for free school meals.